Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I didnt have any bisquick mix for the sausage balls so I made them with mash potatoes!! These are really good, quick to gobble up. They are also good cold the next day or for a quick fry for breakfast.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (ground)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach (diced)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (cooled)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Peel, cut, boil then mash potatoes. Let cool.
- Once potatoes are cooled, Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place in casserole dish or 9x13 pan and Bake for 35 minutes or until the sausage is cooked.