Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Very hearty winter fare for the crock-pot
Make and share this Potato-Sauerkraut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cut into small cubes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb smoked Polish sausage, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and chopped
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, stir all ingredients together except for the bacon and hard-cooked eggs. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or till the vegtables are tender. If necessary, skim off fat before serving. Sprinkle each serving with bacon and chopped egg.
So glad to see that this recipe is on this site!! My neighbor gave me this exact recipe years ago and I just love it! The first time I tasted it I wasn't quite sure what I thought.......but it's one those things that you have to keep tasting over and over!! It's fantastic with crispy bread and if you're anything like me......for breakfast the next day!! Love this soup! And for anyone who is leery of the kraut in a soup....it mellows out and you don't even know that it was once a sour-tasting thing.