Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Don't try this with regular mashed potatoes it just won't work, use only dry potato flakes ;-)
Top Review by coco4coconutty
Yay, something new to add to my dinner rotation. This will be my salmon patty recipe from now on -no more searching - it's a quick/easy and great tasting recipe that uses ingredients that I always have on hand. Thank You Kittencal!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon (drained, preferably red salmon, pink is fine)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup dry potato flakes
- 1 medium onion, minced (or use 3 green onions, finely diced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 pinch dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, can use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients (starting with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs) until combined adding in a little more breadcrumbs if needed to hold the mixture together.
- Season with more seasoned salt and black pepper to taste if desired.
- Form into about 2-inch balls.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in the balls and press down with a fork to flatten.
- Cook the patties about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.