Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came about trying to clean out the fridge, I now actually shop for the ingredients. The amounts of the ingredients are not too strict, so you might have to adjust the amount of dressing. Depending on the type of potato I sometimes don't peel them.
- 1 lb waxy potato, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cucumber, washed, not peeled, cut into small cubes (remove the seeds if there are many)
- 1 finely chopped celery rib
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 10 olives, halved (green or black)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 2 minced anchovy fillets (or salt if you do not like ansjovies)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Mix together in a large bowl: potatoes, onion, cucumber, celery, bell pepper, olives, eggs, parsley and mint.
- Mix the yogurt with the mustard, cayenne, capers, anchovies (or salt), pepper and garlic, taste and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Gently mix the dressing with the salad, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the tomatoes (and more olives if you like).
I am always delighted to find potato salads without mayo--and this one is particularly good. The dressing, especially with the cayenne, has a little bite but doesn't either mask the flavor of the potato nor overwhelm the flavors of the added peppers et al. The mint adds a lovely freshness. All in all, a very nice salad. Thanks, Pets!