1/1 Photo of Potato Salad With Sour Cream and Bacon
Suzanna Marie's Note:
Mom always added sour cream, bacon and bacon drippings to her potato salad and folks loved it. I've dressed it up a little, adding celery, different spices and more eggs than she did. Mom, of course, never measured. In order to post I measured all the ingredients and must say I have given mom a run for her money. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut and quartered
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 lb low sodium bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Boil potatoes with skins on until almost fork tender yet somewhat firm. Drain, cool, and cut into small chunks. Set aside.
- 2Hard boil eggs; cool. Chop nine; leave one whole. Set aside.
- 3Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel; crumble and set aside.
- 4In large bowl add potatoes, chopped eggs, bacon, celery, onion, and bacon drippings.
- 5Add sour cream, mayonnaise, and spices.
- 6Gently fold mixture together being careful not to mash potatoes.
- 7Top with one sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- 8NOTE: Prep time includes cooking time.
Browse Our Top Potluck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potluck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Sour Cream and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.4
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.8 mg
- Sodium 436.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: