Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This potato salad has tons of flavor! When I made this I increased the dressing ingredients slightly. Plan ahead the cooked potatoes need to chill until cold, and the complete salad needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours, even better if chilled overnight.
Top Review by Manami
Wonderful Kitten! I love the fact that it has roasted red peppers, the more the merrier! Then you add bacon, Dijon and potatoes - what can be bad? It is outrageous! I have had many kinds of potato salad through the years but this takes the cake. Can you tell that I liked this? Thanks for a real winner, Diane :=)
- 3 lbs red potatoes (peeled and cut in half or quarters, depending on the size of potato)
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked to very crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (can use red onions in place of green)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4-1 cup roasted red pepper (use purchased red peppers from a jar, drained and chopped)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until JUST fork-tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- In the meantime while the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the lemon juice and vinegar.
- Drain the potatoes; cool slightly, then cut into about 3/4-inch pieces.
- Drizzle with the lemon/vinegar mixture.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours or more, or until cold.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sour cream and Dijon mustard (can double the mixture if desired).
- After the potatoes are chilled, mix in the onions, fresh parsley and chopped roasted red peppers, chopped bacon, salt and black pepper; toss well to combine.
- Pour over the dressing and mix to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired; cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.