1/2 Photos of Potato Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
This potato salad has tons of flavor! When I made this I increased the dressing ingredients slightly. Plan ahead the cooked potatoes need to chill until cold, and the complete salad needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours, even better if chilled overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes (peeled and cut in half or quarters, depending on the size of potato)
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked to very crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (can use red onions in place of green)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4-1 cup roasted red pepper (use purchased red peppers from a jar, drained and chopped)
- salt and black pepper
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until JUST fork-tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- 2In the meantime while the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the lemon juice and vinegar.
- 3Drain the potatoes; cool slightly, then cut into about 3/4-inch pieces.
- 4Drizzle with the lemon/vinegar mixture.
- 5Cover and chill for about 2 hours or more, or until cold.
- 6In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sour cream and Dijon mustard (can double the mixture if desired).
- 7After the potatoes are chilled, mix in the onions, fresh parsley and chopped roasted red peppers, chopped bacon, salt and black pepper; toss well to combine.
- 8Pour over the dressing and mix to combine.
- 9Season with more salt and pepper if desired; cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 631.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: