Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The pork and beans and honey mustard gives this comfort salad a nice sweetness. The potatoes and beans give this salad a creaminess with crunch from the red peppers, celery and onions. This you will enjoy! Bring for a pot luck or to a picnic.
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced finely
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced finely
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans, discard pork only (My pork and bean are thick hardly any sauce)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 10 medium potatoes, cooked, cooled, peeled, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour the vinegar over the potatoes and set aside. The vinegar will soak in to the potatoes.
- Mix first 7 ingredients together.
- Toss in remaining ingredients along with the potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Taste to see if you need to add salt and pepper.
- I myself like lots of pepper.
- Top with paprika.
- Chill Serve.
Colorful potato salad. Wasn't sure whether to drain the beans or not but did, deciding I could add it back later if needed. Adding it would have added a bit more of the pork and bean flavor but it would have been too soupy. I cut the mayo down to 1/2 cup and had all the dressing I needed. Perhaps my potatoes were smaller than recommended. Hard to say.