1/2 Photos of Potato Salad With Pancetta, Rosemary, and Lemon
Lemon peel and lemon juice, rosemary, and an olive oil dressing give this a nice lightness. If you prefer a creamy potato salad, use 2/3 cup mayonnaise in place of the olive oil. Honestly, this is best if made the day before and allowed to rest overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces pancetta, 1/8-inch-thick slices (Italian bacon, about 5 slices)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (less if using dried)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel (optional if your not a lemon lover)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup olive oil (use more or less if you like)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to your taste)
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 3 large celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Arrange pancetta slices on rimmed baking sheet, spacing apart. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes, watching carefully (do not turn). Drain on paper towels. Cool. Coarsely chop pancetta.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, rosemary, lemon peel, and garlic in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Place potatoes in large pot. Add enough cold, salted, water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. Simmer with lid ajar until tender, 18 to 25 minutes, depending on size of potatoes. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- 4Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices (remove skin, if desired). Place in large bowl; add celery. Drizzle dressing over; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours. DO AHEAD: Pancetta and potato salad can be made 1 day ahead. Cover pancetta; chill. Keep potato salad chilled. Bring pancetta to room temperature before continuing.
- 5Sprinkle pancetta and chopped parsley over potato salad.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Pancetta, Rosemary, and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 317.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: