Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favourite at summertime BBQ's. Adapted from a recipe found in Gourmet Traveller.
Make and share this Potato Salad With Onion Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium to low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occassionally, for about 30 minutes until the onions are caramelised and golden.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, vinegar and sugar and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove dressing from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut potatoes into 3cm chunks and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour onion dressing over potatoes and toss gently to combine.
- Under a hot grill, place prosciutto on a tray and grill for 1 minute each side, until crispy. Break proscuitto into large pieces.
- Add the proscuitto, rocket and pine nuts to the potato and toss gently to combine.
- Serve warm.