This is a favourite at summertime BBQ's. Adapted from a recipe found in Gourmet Traveller.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- 2While potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium to low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occassionally, for about 30 minutes until the onions are caramelised and golden.
- 3Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining oil, vinegar and sugar and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- 5Remove dressing from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cut potatoes into 3cm chunks and place in a serving bowl.
- 7Pour onion dressing over potatoes and toss gently to combine.
- 8Under a hot grill, place prosciutto on a tray and grill for 1 minute each side, until crispy. Break proscuitto into large pieces.
- 9Add the proscuitto, rocket and pine nuts to the potato and toss gently to combine.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Onion Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar