Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Gourmet magazine. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cooking time reflects time to let potatoes cool.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs hot cooked small boiling potatoes, quartered
- 2⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, about 4 oz, rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup pitted brine-cured black olives, halved
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with a pinch of salt using the side of a heavy knife.
- Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes, then whisk in oil.
- Add hot potatoes to vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Let stand until potatoes cool to warm, about 30 minutes, then stir in peppers, parsley and olives.
Wow, what a delicious medley of ingredients for a salad. We loved it with the olives! We have had it several times and will have it many more in the future!
Te chuparse los dedos! I made this as written except I used a medley of marinated olives which I left whole. I was concerned that there would be too much garlic, and I usually add sugar to a vinaigrette, but this recipe is great as is. While it is garicky, somehow it also has enough sweetness to be very pleasing. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT#5.
Off-the-charts goodness in a serving bowl! Yummy-ola! My new favorite zesty potato salad!!! I messed up and used sherry cooking wine (not vinegar), but didn't seem to affect the taste in a negative way (altho' I'll make it again sometime the "right way!"). Next time I will use Kalamata olives (I had some "Greek Salad Olives" this time). Very nice blend of flavors, colors, and visually appeal. I wonder how this would be as a leftover, to fry it a bit? Hmmm... Well anyway, *made for ZWT 3 Spanish Adventure*