Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 2 quarts water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 jalapeno chile-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot combine potatoes, water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a large bowl combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt the next 3 ingredients (mayo - cayenne pepper).
- Stir in olives, celery and onions.
- Stir in potatoes, eggs and pepper.
Right on target, and didn't miss a beat on this recipe. Loved this for the bit of spice, and so yummy to the last bite! I decided to cut the olives into slices, (as another reviewer suggested) but stayed true to the recipe....and using red-skin potatoes, this dish looked absolutely patriotic in presentation. Another winner, elle! Thanks! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap!
This potato salad is nice and spicy! It's different from most potato salads. I really enjoyed the jalapeno stuffed olives, but think I'll slice them and then half the slices next time so I get a few more pieces in each bite. I turns out a little pink because of the cayenne pepper, but if you don't mind the appearance, I think you will love this potato salad.