Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Right on target, and didn't miss a beat on this recipe. Loved this for the bit of spice, and so yummy to the last bite! I decided to cut the olives into slices, (as another reviewer suggested) but stayed true to the recipe....and using red-skin potatoes, this dish looked absolutely patriotic in presentation. Another winner, elle! Thanks! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap!
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 2 quarts water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 jalapeno chile-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot combine potatoes, water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a large bowl combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt the next 3 ingredients (mayo - cayenne pepper).
- Stir in olives, celery and onions.
- Stir in potatoes, eggs and pepper.