Recipe by kitina
From the "Islands of the Caribbean" issue of Bon Appetit, and really nice change from the traditional potato salad.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
Tasty potato salad and nice change from the usual-and very attractive with nice mix of colors. I prepared 1/2 recipe but still had 4 generous servings. I left our the eggs, didn't really think they were necessary. Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) cucumbers, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded and cubed
- 4 large plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 24 black oil-cured olives, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add oil; toss to coat.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, basil and capers.
- Whisk vinegar and oregano in a bowl, mix into salad, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with eggs and serve.