From the "Islands of the Caribbean" issue of Bon Appetit, and really nice change from the traditional potato salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) cucumbers, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded and cubed
- 4 large plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 24 black oil-cured olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 2Drain and cool.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- 4Add oil; toss to coat.
- 5Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, basil and capers.
- 6Whisk vinegar and oregano in a bowl, mix into salad, season with salt and pepper.
- 7Garnish with eggs and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad with olive, tomatoes and capers
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar