Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the "Islands of the Caribbean" issue of Bon Appetit, and really nice change from the traditional potato salad.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) cucumbers, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded and cubed
- 4 large plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 24 black oil-cured olives, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add oil; toss to coat.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, basil and capers.
- Whisk vinegar and oregano in a bowl, mix into salad, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with eggs and serve.
Tasty potato salad and nice change from the usual-and very attractive with nice mix of colors. I prepared 1/2 recipe but still had 4 generous servings. I left our the eggs, didn't really think they were necessary. Thanks for posting!