Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious potato salad comes from the cookbook "At Blanchard's Table". It is delicious. The fresh Squeezed lime juice really adds a special kick to the flavour andit goes great with grilled chicken, lamb or other meats. YOu can also toss in a handfull of pitted black olives if you like.
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup good mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with lightly salted water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Cook just until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain and rise under cold water for a minute or two to stop them from cooking further. Drain well again and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters and set aside.
- Put the sun dried tomatoes into a small bowl. Add themayonnaise, lime juice, lime peel, garlic, Tabasco, salt, pepper and parsley. Whisk to blend.
- Toss the potatoes with enough dressing to coat.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Just wonderful. Even my potato salad-hating husband liked it -- served room temp. Nice bite and flavor and very different. I'll make it again. Thanks!