Recipe by appleydapply
I adapted this marvelous recipe from a Lorna Sass cookbook. It's delicious warm, so if you're in a hurry you can serve it right away.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
Fabulous. It's so great to find another mayo-less potato salad this good. I used about 2 teaspoons of fresh dill in place of the dry & served it at room temperature. Thanks for a winner.
- 2 lbs potatoes (yukon gold or russet)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers (chopped if large)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and slice 1/4" thick. Cook just until fork tender; drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the celery and onion to the potatoes.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine remaining ingredients and stir well or shake in a small jar.
- Pour over the still-warm potatoes and stir gently to combine, making sure all potatoes are coated.
- If desired, add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.