Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is easy to make and very fresh looking. The warm potatoes seem to temper the cilantro's flavour, so it's a good way to introduce newcomers to this bright, distinctly flavoured herb.
- 2 lbs waxy salad potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts, Or 1 shallot minced)
- Scrub the potatoes and put into a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cook, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork,a bout 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are still warm, slice them about 1/4 inch thick (there's no need to peel, but discard any pieces of skin that come off on their own).
- Put half the potatoes in a large serving bowl. In a small bowl whisk the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tsp salt and several grinds of pepper. Drizzle on half the dressing. Add the remaining potatoes to the bowl, drizzle on the rest of the dressing and toss gently with a large rubber spatula to combine well.
- Add the cilantro and green onions and toss gently again. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
My boyfriend doesn't like mayo, so I have been looking for a potato salad without any. I really like the simplicity of this salad. It is a great way to jazz up boiled potatoes. Thanks!
This needs something..Mayo maybe.
This is a perfect recipe!! It was quick..I served it warm and it tastes WONDERFUL! I used both shallot and green onions we loved it!! Thanks for a great recipe!!