Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
The garlicky yogurt dressing for this salad is almost tzaziki-like. It's very simple to put together and has a refreshing light taste. It's best with fresh herbs, but dried herbs can be used in a pinch, and the herbs are up to you ... my favorite combo is thyme, basil and parsley, but rosemary, oregano or marjoram work well, too. Prep time includes refrigeration after preparing.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (dissolved in 1 tsp. water)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh herb (I like thyme, parsley and basil; use your favorites)
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes whole (cut them in half if your potatoes are medium sized) for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to handle, then cut in quarters.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, dry mustard, sugar, cayenne pepper, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully mix into still-warm potatoes.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least an hour before serving; preferably 8 hours.
I just made this potato salad & it was yummy. I did not have lemon juice, so it was omitted. The herb I used was dried dill. Just sprinkled a little in for taste. Very good, esp w/the garlic and extra seasonings!