Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
The garlicky yogurt dressing for this salad is almost tzaziki-like. It's very simple to put together and has a refreshing light taste. It's best with fresh herbs, but dried herbs can be used in a pinch, and the herbs are up to you ... my favorite combo is thyme, basil and parsley, but rosemary, oregano or marjoram work well, too. Prep time includes refrigeration after preparing.
Top Review by Augustmomx2
I just made this potato salad & it was yummy. I did not have lemon juice, so it was omitted. The herb I used was dried dill. Just sprinkled a little in for taste. Very good, esp w/the garlic and extra seasonings!
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (dissolved in 1 tsp. water)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh herb (I like thyme, parsley and basil; use your favorites)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes whole (cut them in half if your potatoes are medium sized) for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to handle, then cut in quarters.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, dry mustard, sugar, cayenne pepper, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully mix into still-warm potatoes.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least an hour before serving; preferably 8 hours.