Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious picnic friendly recipe that is sure to impress! Flavorful, colorful, a great addition to any table scape!
- 907.18 g baby red potatoes
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 340.19 g green beans
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato, chopped (packed in oil)
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning (Mackenthuns robust)
- 14.79 ml light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (Newmans Own)
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Cook potatoes until they poke easily with a fork.
- Cut in half (as soon as they are cool enough to handle.).
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with garlic.
- Add sundried tomatoes.
- Steam the green beans until crisp-tender.
- Cut green beans in half or bite size pieces and mix with potatoes.
- Add seasoning, dressing, basil and some salt & pepper.
- Add more salt/pepper as if necessary and add pinenuts.
- Can be served chilled or room temperature!
Yes, easy, delicious, and definitely colourful! I used ordinary baby potatoes, and since I didn't have pine nuts, I sprinkled the finished salad with roasted sunflower seeds, which I love. Quickly done, I prepared this for a luncheon party, where it was very much enjoyed. Thanks for a different and tasty 'salad'! Prepared for My-3-Chefs, November 'o8