A delicious picnic friendly recipe that is sure to impress! Flavorful, colorful, a great addition to any table scape!
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (Mackenthuns robust)
- 1 tablespoon light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (Newmans Own)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Cook potatoes until they poke easily with a fork.
- Cut in half (as soon as they are cool enough to handle.).
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with garlic.
- Add sundried tomatoes.
- Steam the green beans until crisp-tender.
- Cut green beans in half or bite size pieces and mix with potatoes.
- Add seasoning, dressing, basil and some salt & pepper.
- Add more salt/pepper as if necessary and add pinenuts.
- Can be served chilled or room temperature!