Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Vegetarian Times. It can be served either warm or cold--I think I like it better cold. The original recipe called for the addition of 1 tsp sugar to the mixture, but I omitted it.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat baking sheet in 425 degree oven. Cut four 20" sheets of foil.
- Place potatoes in large bowl with 2 tbl olive oil, toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1/4 of potatoes on one half of a foil sheet. Fold foil over and crimp edges to seal. Repeat with remaining potatoes and foil sheets.
- Arrange packets in single layer on heated baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, mayonnaise and remaining olive oil in bowl. (If you are using sugar, whisk in 1 tsp as well.).
- Add onion, celery, warm potatoes, chives and parsley.
- Stir to combine and serve.