Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a Mediterranean style potato salad, which is a great dish for barbecues or picnics. It uses no mayonnaise so it is fairly light as well.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We really enjoyed this potato salad -- it had all the ingredients that we love! I used kalamata olives and greek yogurt. This is such a nice change to traditional potato salads. Made for Everyday is a Holiday, November, 2011.
- 600 g potatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 bunch dill
- 150 g yogurt (light is fine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 40 g green olives, pitted
- 4 green onions or 4 scallions
- 100 g feta cheese (fat-reduced works well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel and cook the potatoes (about 30 minutes). Chop the dill.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, yogurt, a pinch of salt, olive oil and vinegar. Add chopped dill and the capers. Season with pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and cut them into thin slices. Put into a salad dish. Pour the dressing on top and mix to coat all the potatoes with it. Using your fingers crumble the feta cheese over the salad.
- Cut the green onions/scallions into thin slices, chop the olives and add as well.
- Serve with bread or meat.