Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Mediterranean style potato salad, which is a great dish for barbecues or picnics. It uses no mayonnaise so it is fairly light as well.
- Wash, peel and cook the potatoes (about 30 minutes). Chop the dill.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, yogurt, a pinch of salt, olive oil and vinegar. Add chopped dill and the capers. Season with pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and cut them into thin slices. Put into a salad dish. Pour the dressing on top and mix to coat all the potatoes with it. Using your fingers crumble the feta cheese over the salad.
- Cut the green onions/scallions into thin slices, chop the olives and add as well.
- Serve with bread or meat.
We really enjoyed this potato salad -- it had all the ingredients that we love! I used kalamata olives and greek yogurt. This is such a nice change to traditional potato salads. Made for Everyday is a Holiday, November, 2011.
This was very tasty and a really nice change from the normal sort of potato salad. I cut the recipe in half and had the whole thing as my lunch. I used fat free Greek yoghurt and that worked very well. Thank you for a nice lunch! Made for vegetarian tag.
This got mixed reviews, but I liked it just fine. I had to use sour cream instead of yogurt, as all I had was French vanilla. It was a bit too tart, and although my lemon was small, they do vary in acidity. Next time I would use the juice of 1/2 lemon and then taste and add more if I felt it was needed. I love all the components of this dish and look forward to making it again when I have fresh dill and scallions from my garden. I think this would be 3 servings for most.