Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a food that goes with Summer. This is the only Potato Salad my wife will eat. The flavors are subtle and refreshing. Make the whole recipe,you'll eat this until it's gone.
- 7 cups red potatoes, sliced into disks
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette or 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- Slice the unpeeled potatoes into disks.
- Cook the sliced potatoes in slightly salted water until just barely tender then rinse and drain them.
- Put them in a bowl while still hot and pour the ½ cup of vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing over them. The heat helps the potatoes to absorb the flavor of the dressing better.
- Let the potatoes marinate in the refrigerator for about two hours, then lift them out of the dressing.
- In another bowl, blend together the ½ cup of sour cream, the ½ cup of mayonnaise, the 2 teaspoons of horseradish, the 3 crumbled slices of bacon, the 3 tablespoons of pickle relish, the 3 chopped green onions, the 2 tablespoons of chopped dill and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend all of these ingredients together and then fold in the potatoes, refrigerate for at least two hours to chill and serve.
Made it for a cook-out over the weekend. It was a big hit even with the picky kids. No leftovers - Delish!
Here I thought I created something new.....went to post only to find this wonderful recipe already here! Mine had some small differences but not enough to warrant another recipe. I used new white potatoes boiled in their skins and then peeled. I used more creamed horseradish (bottled), less pickle relish, and no bacon. I added the sour cream because it was too dry for me without it. After it was chilled, I added fresh ground pepper. I doubt if I will ever make potato salad without horseradish now! Thanks for posting!