45 Carry Chef's Note:
This is a food that goes with Summer. This is the only Potato Salad my wife will eat. The flavors are subtle and refreshing. Make the whole recipe,you'll eat this until it's gone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups red potatoes, sliced into disks
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette or 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Slice the unpeeled potatoes into disks.
- 2Cook the sliced potatoes in slightly salted water until just barely tender then rinse and drain them.
- 3Put them in a bowl while still hot and pour the ½ cup of vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing over them. The heat helps the potatoes to absorb the flavor of the dressing better.
- 4Let the potatoes marinate in the refrigerator for about two hours, then lift them out of the dressing.
- 5In another bowl, blend together the ½ cup of sour cream, the ½ cup of mayonnaise, the 2 teaspoons of horseradish, the 3 crumbled slices of bacon, the 3 tablespoons of pickle relish, the 3 chopped green onions, the 2 tablespoons of chopped dill and the salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Blend all of these ingredients together and then fold in the potatoes, refrigerate for at least two hours to chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Dill, Horseradish & Pickle
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 172.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper