Recipe by Annacia
A simple, very tasty salad from North Africa with a unique preparation. Chilling time not included.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Such a nice change of pace for potato salad. Loved the flavors and of course the cilantro. I was a little worried about the amount of heat, but it was just right. I used a dry Harissa mix that I purchased at Whole Foods and it mixed right in with the olive oil and lemon juice. This potato salad is going to be a great addition to our bbq today. Made for PRMR, May, 2014.
- 1 lb potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon harissa (Tunisian)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh cilantro or parsley, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender but not too soft or mushy.
- Cool and peel, cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a small skillet and add harissa, salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and boil for a few seconds. Pour over potatoes and toss.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Add the chopped cilantro or parsley just before serving. Stir it in or sprinkle on top as you wish.