1/12 Photos of Potato Salad With Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Thick and creamy are the standards for a great blue cheese dressing. If you're using this for a spinach salad, simply thin with milk or buttermilk. We loved this potato salad, it's very different! This recipe is by Heather Trim from Food and Drink Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Peel potatoes if you wish, then cut into bite-size chunks. Place in a large saucepan of salted water, set over high heat and bring to the boil. Partially cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Drain well, then set aside in a bowl. While potatoes are still hot, toss with 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 3Meanwhile, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate, then crumble.
- 4For dressing, whisk mayonnaise with sour cream, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce in a bowl.
- 5Stir in ½ cup (125 mL) blue cheese and green onion. Taste and if desired add remaining blue cheese, salt and pepper.
- 6Stir dressing with cooled potatoes until mixed. Add bacon, red pepper and green onions.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 453.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: