Recipe by Andtototoo!
I make this potato salad every July 4th. It's a little bit spicy, but you can leave out the chilies if you don't like food with a bit of a kick to it.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 dried red chilies, halved
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashew pieces, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, as needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil or steam the potatoes until tender.
- Set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil, cumin seeds and dried red chilies.
- Heat over high heat until the cumin seeds darken several shades.
- Add the cooked potatoes and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan from the hot burner and let the potatoes cool for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the potato mixture into a serving bowl.
- Add the cashew bits and the green onions.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, the black pepper, and salt as needed.
- Garnish with the cilantro, cover, and put into the fridge until well chilled.