Recipe by Ck2plz
I love potato salad. IMO, every potato salad is good, there are just better ones. I may reduce the Tabasco when I make it. Cook time time does not include the one hour after you toss the beer mixture with the potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 beer, any brand
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in medium-size saucepan until just tender. Peel and slice.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Break into small pieces and mix with onion, celery and salt; set aside.
- Stir melted butter and flour in a small saucepan until blended. Add mustard and sugar.
- Slowly stir in beer and Tabasco sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Toss lightly and let stand 1 hour.
- Add bacon mixture; toss gently and serve.