Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a different potato salad I make when I have an abundance of fresh Basil from my garden in the summer. Its a refreshingly different kind of potato salad that is relatively low in fat compared to the others!
- 1 1⁄3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled round small red potatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onion (use less if you like)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in container of blender.
- Process until basil is finely chopped.
- Pour mixture into a small bowl.
- Add salt, garlic powder and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Parially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut each potato in half crosswise, cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place potato wedges in large bowl.
- Pour basil mixture over and add green onions.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.