Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from June 2009 issue of Real Simple. My boyfriend refuses to eat mayonnaise so I have to find a way to get around that and still serve my favorite dishes. I am very excited to try this! You can make this dish the night before but just wait until serving time to add the bacon so it is nice and crisp. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Place potatoes in water and 1 tsp salt and simmer until tender, about 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet untel crisp. Crumble when cooled.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, remaining salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss with the potatoes, bacon and parsley.
Lovely, simple salad. Made for PAC Fall '09. :)
this is a great recipe-especially with children with allergies! Easy to make and keeps well