Recipe by Sandyg61
I was making potato salad one day and my mother suggested adding bacon. This has become a family favorite, it never lasts long when I make it. The recipe can easily be doubled.
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (add more if you like it creamier)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled (or 3-4 tablespoons of real bacon bits)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crispy and crumble.
- Boil potatoes until just fork tender. Drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and put in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, onion, celery, mustard powder, bacon, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Mix until combined.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.