I find this salad to be creamy and quite satisfying. If I want to "fancy it up" I use the gourmet brined artichokes with stems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Red Bliss potatoes
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup peas, blanched fresh are best but frozen are okay
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, toasted in a skillet 1 minute
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dill, freshly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon mint, freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1Wash the potatoes and place in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender (15-20 minutes).
- 2Drain and cool the potatoes.
- 3Drain the artichoke hearts, quarter them and place them in a bowl.
- 4Add the peas to the artichokes (you do not need to cook the frozen ones). Next add the celery. When Potatoes are cool, slice them and add them to the vegetables.
- 5In a seperate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients-whisking well to combine.
- 6Pour this dressing over the potato mixture, combine and chill until serving.
- 7***I find that if my potato water is well-seasoned then I do not need additional salt (the mustard has some too). If your personal preference is more salt with potatoes then, by all means, add about 1/2 tsp to the dressing.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad With Artichokes and Toasted Mustard Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 812.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g