Recipe by Sackville
I created this one day when my fridge was full of herbs but no mayonnaise. Hope you like it.
- 500 -600 g potatoes
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 50 g fresh coriander
- 30 g fresh Thai basil
- 30 g of fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes or 1 fresh red chili pepper
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and boil for 10-15 minutes until they are cooked but still firm.
- You want them to retain their shape in the salad and not turn into mush.
- Meanwhile, make the Thai dressing.
- Start by removing the hard outer stalks of the lemon grass.
- Chop into small pieces and set aside for a moment.
- If you are using a fresh chilli, you may want to deseed it now, depending on how spicy you want the salad.
- Put all the herbs, lemon juice, lemon grass, oil, chilli and garlic in a food processor and blitz until you have a pesto-like sauce.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- You can leave the skin on or take it off according to your taste.
- Let cool, then mix with the pesto and put in a serving bowl.
- Put in the fridge for an hour to let the flavours blend.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve chilled.