Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is from fine cooking 5/05
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt, black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro or 1⁄2 cup basil
- 2 scallions, sliced, both parts
- boil potatoes for 20-25 mins until cooked.
- cool and slice.
- place in a large bowl.
- whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- pour over potatoes.
- toss gently, add basil and scallions, toss again. serve warm.
We love non-mayo potato salads, and this did not disappoint. I doubled the lemon and used less salt and pepper. I also added some chopped celery, since we had it, and subbed 3/4 of the oil with broth to cut down on the fat. The lemon really makes the flavor of this.
Loved the refreshing taste that the lemon gives to this potato salad. Very simple to put together and even better as leftovers. Basil was my preference to use. Thanks for a great recipe, Chia.