Recipe by KristinV
This is an adaptation of the Potato Salad recipe my German family has been using for years. Originally it contained whole egg mayonnaise (for Australian's playing at home, Praise Mayonnaise tastes best) and finely diced egg. Feel free to use these for an Omni version!
- 1 kg potato (peeled, diced into bite sized pieces and boiled until just tender)
- 2 cups vegan mayonnaise (see note at bottom)
- 1 large apple (finely chopped)
- 1 (450 g) can cucumbers (chopped finely and retain drained liquid, use Golden Circle in Australia)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain cucumber and spoon 2 tbs of retained liquid over the cooked potatoes.
- Mix apple and cucumber into the potatoes mix.
- Gently fold through the mayonnaise.
- NOTE: In Australia the 97% Fat Free version of Praise is vegan as at time of writing -- It tastes FAB and doesn't cost the Earth.