Recipe by Lorac
Wonderful flavor and color! I prefer this served at room temperature but you can make the salad several hours before and refrigerate it.
Top Review by DDW
This is a GREAT recipe! If you like Kalamata olives and/or balsamic vinegar - this dish is worth a try!! I made the recipe exactly "as is" except that I doubled all the ingredients because we were going to a large party. Note - next time I will not double the sauce. It made way too much to cover the amount of potatoes I had. I was lucky that I poured it on slowly and stopped myself from just dumping it all on, I would have had very soupy potatoes otherwise. I made it all up when the potatoes were done cooking and then let it come to room temp and served it that way. We ate leftovers cold and can say I like it both ways but do prefer it at room temp. I can't even begin to describe the flavors. We LOVED this dish and I plan to put this with the recipes to impress/something different catagory. It's going to be a side dish of choice for many things this summer.
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender, drain.
- In the meantime, add 1/4 cup olives, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and honey to a blender or food processer and process until combined.
- Gradually add oil with blender/processer running until combined.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes, 1/2 cup olives, pepper strips and onion in a large bowl, add dressing and toss to combine.