Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a very different potato salad from Bob Wiseman.
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered and boiled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut potatoes to preferred size and place in large mixing bowl.
- Dice eggs and add to the potatoes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients (except paprika) in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add to potatoes.
- With a wooden spoon, mix gently until all potato pieces are coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Garnish with paprika before serving.
This is a fabulous potato salad that's a little traditional and a little new-wave. Excellent for anyone wanting to drag their loved ones into something a little new and different. Will make this for my family Easter gathering this year--can't wait!!!!!!!
I didn't put the onions in the blender because we LOVE onions. Just left them minced. And the other deviation was using apple cider vinegar instead of raspberry. That being said, the flavors of this salad are simply fantastic!!! We used Hatch hot red enchilada sauce. Great recipe, thanks!!!