Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From A Little Taste of Texas cookbook. This is my favorite potato salad and since I don't like hard-boiled eggs, I leave those out of the recipe when I make this particular dish. This is a very creamy potato salad.
- 7 medium potatoes, cooked in their skin, and then diced up
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing (your choice as to brand)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion, tops too
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- While still warm, dice potatoes.
- Pour Italian dressing over potatoes.
- Chill several hours.
- Add onions, eggs, celery, pimento and pickle relish and toss.
- Then add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and all other seasonings, except Paprika, and fold into potato mixture.
- Garnish with Paprika.
Is this an incredible potato salad! I made as directed, however I did not use all the mayonnaise/sour cream dressing on the salad. I only used enough to coat the potatoes, about 2/3 cup. I did not have any bottles Italian salad dressing on hand so I made some of my recipe #43522 instead which worked beautifully! Thank you, Juenessa!