Recipe by D. Todd Miller
I really dislike most potato salad recipes because of the mayonnaise. However, this recipe is a delicious summer side dish!
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until well done, drain, and crumble. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, place potatoes in salted cold water and cover.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes (if desired), cut into 1/4-inch slices, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add onions, parsley, and half of the bacon crumbles to the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, hot sauce, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Add the vinegar mixture to potato mixture and toss.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with the remaining bacon and serve.