The best creamy and light potato salad you ever had, thanks to my Mom! An easy, simple classic that is requested for every outdoor gathering (with NO leftovers!)
- 6 -8 russet potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cajun spices or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Peel and boil potatoes in large chunks or thick half moon slices, soaking in ice cold slightly-salted water to chill and keep white.
- Add chopped vegetables, including all green onion parts.
- Gently fold in mayo and sour cream to coat evenly.
- Slice and gently fold in hard-boiled eggs.
- Add salt and pepper last to taste, and paprika on top.
This was a wonderful basic potato salad. I used reds and left the skin on. I also added a little dill pickle. Thanks for posting.