Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best creamy and light potato salad you ever had, thanks to my Mom! An easy, simple classic that is requested for every outdoor gathering (with NO leftovers!)
- 6 -8 russet potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cajun spices or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Peel and boil potatoes in large chunks or thick half moon slices, soaking in ice cold slightly-salted water to chill and keep white.
- Add chopped vegetables, including all green onion parts.
- Gently fold in mayo and sour cream to coat evenly.
- Slice and gently fold in hard-boiled eggs.
- Add salt and pepper last to taste, and paprika on top.
This was a wonderful basic potato salad. I used reds and left the skin on. I also added a little dill pickle. Thanks for posting.