Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A favorite of my family & friends. Must give it a try. You will not be sorry. Mildly tangy but not overpowering. Just a bit different than your typical potato salad. Nothing weird. The horseradish sauce gives it the tang without tasting like you added horseradish. Enjoy!
- 9 -10 red potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup hellman mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup creamy horseradish sauce (like Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons boars head delicatessen style mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- 2 small celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Hard boil eggs and let cool, then peel and chop. Boil potatoes and peel once cool enough to handle. Cut into large bite size pieces.
- Mix together mayo, Miracle whip, horseradish sauce, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper, parsley, shredded carrots, chopped celery, chopped red onion and hard boiled eggs.
- Pour over warm potatoes and mix thoroughly WITH HANDS as to not break up and mush potatoes. Let sit over night or up to 24 hrs before serving. Serve cold to room temperature.