Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This warm sweet-sour salad cooks well in the oven.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled,cooled and sliced
- 1 medium onion
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet.
- Remove the bacon from the pan.
- Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the sugar, vinegar and water.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Place the potatoes and onions to a medium casserole.
- Dice the cooked bacon and add to the casserole.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with roast pork or sausages.