Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
As many ingredients were not always available all the time, people skipped and made due with what they had. This is an authentic recipe. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1⁄4 liter sour cream
- 1⁄8 liter yoghurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard (hot or strong)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (freshly grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 small onions
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 small apples (tart)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boiled potatoes (in skin)
- fresh horseradish
- Cream sour cream, yoghurt, sugar, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper to a salad sauce.
- Add parsley and dill.
- Add peeled and diced cucumber, tomato slices, minced onions, apple dices, bell pepper dices, egg slices, carrot julienne and peas.
- Skin potatoes and dice (1-inch dice).
- Add to the rest of the salad.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Top with freshly rasped horseradish.