Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Old Virginia.
Make and share this Potato Salad from 1879 recipe from Food.com.
- To one quart of mashed potatoes add, butter, 1 tsp salt and milk.
- Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- Combine the 3 cook egg yolks with mustard, sugar, pepper salt and sprinkle enough pepper vinegar to moisten.
- Chop egg whites very fine and mix in with the yolks.
- Put a layer of potatoes in the salad bowl and with a spoon, put the dressing over in spots.
- Add another layer of potatoes, then the dressing, and so on.
- Garnish with parsley.