- 1 quart mashed potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh butter
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3⁄4 cup full rich milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- pepper vinegar (I use the juice from my favorite pickles)
Directions See How It's Made
- To one quart of mashed potatoes add, butter, 1 tsp salt and milk.
- Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- Combine the 3 cook egg yolks with mustard, sugar, pepper salt and sprinkle enough pepper vinegar to moisten.
- Chop egg whites very fine and mix in with the yolks.
- Put a layer of potatoes in the salad bowl and with a spoon, put the dressing over in spots.
- Add another layer of potatoes, then the dressing, and so on.
- Garnish with parsley.