Recipe by VNess
My name for it says it all. This is what I grew up eating and is the only kind that I have ever tried and liked. My friend Steph always swore that she hated the stuff, too, till she tried this. Now she, and many others, are converts too. The original is made with full fat mayo and either whole milk yogurt or sour cream, but the light is just as good. Just remember to hard boil the eggs :-)
Top Review by Lalaloula
This was a very yummy potato salad, that my sis and me enjoyed a lot for lunch today. The dressing was creamy, but a little too plain for us. Maybe some roasted garlic and paprika could make a nice addition? I especially enjoyed the combination of egg, dill and potatoes. Next time I might add some corn kernels or roasted red bell pepper. This salad is very versatile and great for many occasions. Ill definitely make it again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, VNess. Made and reviewed for I Recommend Tag Game May 2010.
- 7 medium potatoes
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 118.29 ml salad oil
- 118.29 ml low-fat plain yogurt (or light sour cream)
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 78.07 ml sliced green onion (whole thing)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml chopped dill weed
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml diced celery
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml light mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in water to cover; drain.
- Peel; slice while warm.
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder; blend thoroughly.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 of the dressing over the potatoes. Let stand for at least 1 hour.
- Add mayonnaise, eggs, sour cream, onions, dill weed and celery to remaining dressing; combine with potato mixture. Chill until ready to serve.