Recipe by Cheri B
I like this salad, it is flexable to your own taste. The number one thing to do is make it Eggy. 2 eggs to 1 potato. I skin my potato's if the skin is tough, but if useing New Potato's or Yukon leave skin on.Raised in the northwest I like Idaho Russets. No use loosing the nutritional value under the skin, and easier on the wrist than peeling.But if you do not like skins peal after cooking, and cooled it is easier. If you prefer sweeter salad use sweet pickles and juice. I like bread and butter pickles an use them if I have them in the refer.
- 4 potatoes, cooked, cooled and small bite size
- 8 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled, shelled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2⁄3 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- When it's cold out I wash potatos, rub with bacon grease,wrap in foil and bake until done. If it's hot I wash, half and steam until done.
- Add onion, pickles,celery to potatoes.
- In smaller bowl make dressing of mayonnoise, mustard, juice, milk, salt & pepper,dry mustard.
- Mix well.
- Pour over potatoes and FOLD in to potatoe mix.
- Taste what do you want to add? crushed red pepper, dill weed, Keith likes about 4 stipes of bacon, chopped, crispy fried then added.
- I like the black olives, and also have add 1/4 cup cleaned and slices/diced radishes.
- Olives that are whole pitted? take and crush on your board then chop. It keeps them from rolling around ! LOL.
- when taste is what you like then fold in ?.
- Yogart adds a different and nice taste, add in place of milk.
- Cooking time is for potato's and egg's.