I make this for family reunions, weddings, graduations, and so on. Everyone asks for the recipe! It's a colorful salad that everyone likes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice the potatoes.
- 2Boil in salted water until just tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, cook eggs until done and cool immediately.
- 4Drain olives and pickles and chop finely.
- 5Chop onion.
- 6When potatoes are done, drain and cool quickly.
- 7Using a wire whisk, prepare dressing by combining mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, salts, and pepper.
- 8Peel the cooled eggs.
- 9Save the best looking 4-5 to slice for garnish, chop the rest and add to cooled potatoes.
- 10Add chopped olives, pickles, and onion to potatoes.
- 11Stir well.
- 12Add dressing and stir to coat evenly.
- 13Carefully slice eggs for garnish and arrange on top of salad.
- 14Sprinkle with paprika.
- 15Cover and chill through prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Salad for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 491.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g