Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very different dressing for potato salad that has been a favorite of my family for many years. I found it while reading a pamphlet about using sour cream. It can be easily doubled for a large salad but DO NOT double the salt. It is better if it sits for a day in the fridge but can be made the day it is to be served.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons of snipped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the celery seed, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion and parsley.
- Add the butter mixture and mix well.
- Chill and add to2 - 3 pounds of cooked cooled potatoes.
- Chill until ready to serve.