Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone has theiry own recipe or at least a favorite potato salad, but for some mysterious reason I seem to gravitate toward my own version! And, I'm EXTREMELY partial to the Del Monte brand of pickle relish -- nothing else works for me! Preparation time includes neither time needed to steam potatoes nor time to chill finished salad.
- 3 medium potatoes, steamed, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, low-sodium
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix potatoes, celery & onion.
- In a small bowl, mix relish, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper, then add to potato mixture.
- Stir in eggs.
- Cover & refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Nice potato salad!!! I made this using 6 medium sized red potatoes (usually smaller than Idaho/russet potatoes). I made this as written except we didn't add the sweet relish as we aren't fans of that in our potato salad. This made more than enough dressing for the 6 potatoes, so next time I would increase the # of potatoes or scale back on the dressing. I enjoyed the green onion flavor verses a standard diced onion. DH ate it as is (I tasted it this way first) but I like my dressing to be tangy, so I added a couple more squirts of mustard to mine. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Zaar Stars Game.
Great salad ! I stirred through a little bit of rocket and this made a lovely meal on a hot summer's night. DD especially loved the addition of mustard in the dressing. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
Very nice potato salad! The lemon pepper was a nice addition, good with the relish and mustard in the dressing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!