Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another dish for my Brazilian night. It looks interesting.
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup cooked peas, cooled and drained
- 1 green apple, like granny smith,peeled,cored and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Cook the potatoes and carrots in boiling water with garlic and salt, until tender-about 12 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled vegetables, eggs, peas, diced apple and raisins.
- Sir through the mayonnaise gently but thoroughly.
- Scatter with the chopped parsley and serve.
- Green olives can be added too, if you wish.
Very yummy and an interesting change. I made this for guests. We served a toasted sandwich and several salads (that could be made ahead) to keep things simple. This reminds me of Russian Potato Salad, but has it's own unique flavor.